Monday, June 7, 2010

Home made baby food











I made this! Home made peas and squash and carrots. Crew loves all of it! It is way cheaper! 2 jars of baby food at the store cost about .94 cents, a large bag of frozen peas cost about a 1.70$ and I can get about 11 containers out of it. It is awesome and way easy!! I just boil the whole bag of peas put them in the blender with a little bit of water to dilute them and put them in the containers and freeze them and pull them out and defrost them in the microwave when I need them, and there you have it! It's as easy as that!




1 comment:

Waters said...

I loved making baby food for Valerie and Jackson. Val gobbled it up and Jackson not so much. Once he discovered there was food that had texture he bagged the smooth baby food (even if the baby food was lumpy). It really bumbed me out and made meal times interesting, ways to nourish him have been a struggle. :)
I want to let you know, if you ever have any extra baby food, when Crew is through with eating it, you can just toss the frozen clumps in foods like lasagna, spag sauce, chile...its my sneaky way to add extra veggies to our meals.
Way to go Bec!